Sunday, July 19, 2009

Flying Men

I am going back in time right now to some old emails sent last year, accumulating them in one place, keeping it easy for me to find a place to go back to when I forget.

The two stories in this email from last year continue to completely blow me away - They are not my stories - but I have been blessed to know them and where they come from:

2 Kings 6
15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

I am writing this, not for the masses, but for those who are looking for truth and who believe in God's limitless love and desire to show it to us. I prayed for God to open my eyes like Elisha's servant ....

Ken Rideout, from "the 12 string mystery", has a son named Norman ministering in Tribal Burma http://www.therideouts.com/. (coindenses? no, according to Pastor Phil we are connecting the dots.)

Here is an excerpt from one of their newsletters:

"The following week, I got a call from Pastor Nirand. He asked me did I believe in angels? I said yes and he continued to tell a story. He was so excited from the weekend that he couldn't sleep. So about 3 am he got up and went up the hill to the church to pray. He had been there about 30 minutes when a few dozen people in the village were awakened out of their sleep with the sound of over 100 people singing praises to the Lord. Together they hurriedly rushed up to the church thinking they were missing out on something. Upon arriving they found the young pastor sitting on the floor by himself in the dark with one candle lit"


The rest of the story is Tommy's and he will tell it much better than this one day. Tom was waiting with a 9 year old girl from Burma this weekend watching Spongebob Squarepants. One of the characters was flying around and the girl asked Tom if he thought men could fly. Tom said they could in airplanes. She was persistent about men flying and Tom said that movies and TV make you think men can fly. Again she was persistent and said that her grandmother (still IDP in the jungles of Burma) told her of men who fly around and protect you when you are in danger and come to you when you are sad and help you when you need help. She said her grandmother saw and believed in those men and she did too. Tom told me he had to leave the room to regain his composure.

They are not men at all, are they?

"And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw."

Danny
August 11, 2008

Open my eyes, Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment